The Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in June introduced its new brand and logo at an event focused on the next generation of healthcare in the Mohawk Valley, which was attended by representatives from the local media and community as well as elected officials and members of the MVHS board of directors, foundation board and the MVHS community.
“This new brand was developed based on input from our employees, medical staff, board of directors and the community,” said Darlene Stromstad, MVHS president and CEO. “Based on the research we did with these important stakeholders, we defined the goals for an updated MVHS brand as:
• Creating a contemporary look to reflect a new state-of-the-art building (the Wynn Hospital, opening in 2023) and care — the next step in our transformation
• Incorporating bold colors which reflect strength, transformation, health, trust and hope
• Visually connecting MVHS and the Wynn Hospital
• Having a logo design that reflects the majesty of the Mohawk Valley through the Adirondacks and the Mohawk River, the region’s agricultural base, and the history of the Wynn Hospital site at the original Erie Canal location.”
Stromstad explained the significance of the shapes and colors in the new MVHS and Wynn Hospital logos as follows.
• Purple mountain —This speaks to the majesty of the Adirondacks and the entire region. Purple represents strength, transformation, power, and royalty
• Light blue river — The river reflects the historical significance of the Mohawk River and the Erie Canal and to the growth of this country by opening up the West. Light blue represents empathy, compassion and path to growth.
• Green mountain — This mountain reflects the Mohawk Valley’s robust agriculture industry. Green represents the color of health and hope.
• Dark blue lettering — The acronym, MVHS, is recognizable to the whole of Oneida and Herkimer county. The dark blue of the lettering represents trust and loyalty.
The new brand was developed in conjunction with an update of MVHS’s mission and vision statements, core beliefs and values, and promises to our stakeholders to include patients, employees, the community and our medical providers.
“It’s an exciting time for both our region and our healthcare system,” said Stromstad. “We are moving to the next generation of healthcare in the Mohawk Valley. The launching of our new brand today is another step in our journey to transform healthcare from excellent to exceptional. We are looking forward to the future with hope and optimism as we strengthen and grow our services to meet our community’s healthcare needs.”